2 weeks ago I ordered a Christmas gift for my family and it was being shipped by UPS. I was left a door tag stating I could pick up my package at a local florist shop.

I went there and the flower shop owner said they did not have my package and I would have to check another flower shop even though Radford Florist had prominently displayed UPS sign. The local UPS shipping store was able to help me get my package.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). Jwelton is overall dissatisfied with Radford City Florist and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Flowers / Florist category for more informed decision or compare Radford City Florist to other companies on our site.

Comments

We received the same complaint (but with more details) through the Better Business Bureau of Roanoke (it serves SouthWest VA) - and responded to it. We didn't realize it had been posted elsewhere - but will be happy to respond this now that we have seen it - two years after-the-fact.

This negatve review seems fraudulant and appears to be written as a way to promote the local UPS store which has been struggling since it opened.

Firstly, we are saddened to have anyone so upset they have to take the time away from their family on Christmas Day to wrote a negative post (notice it was posted on December 25th).

Secondly, Radford City Florist IS THE AUTHORIZED UPS ACCESS POINT FOR RADFORD VIRGINIA - if a person received a UPS notice of their package being left at Radford City Florist, we would work with them and communicate with UPS to find their package. We would not refer them to another flower shop which has no UPS affiliation.

Thirdly, UPS maintains tracking records of all packages which are sent to the florist for pick up. UPS can also track packages which are rerouted to other locations. In this specific instance, there were no records of a package being rerouted to the UPS shipping store as mentioned in the original complaint.

All of this information was provided to the BBB - they replied to the person but received no response. They considered the case unfounded. Ironically, the BBB complaint was also received on December 25. It seems the complaining individual had a goal of sending negative comments to several sites disparaging the florist's name in order to promote the UPS store.

If there was a problem with Radford Florist, why wouldn't they call or visit to get the issue resolved rather than complaining to an obscure internet site where it could take years for the florist to see it and respond? This site states the reviewer would like for Radford City Florist to reach out to them to resolve this issue. We would like to speak to the person who wrote this review. JWelton please call us @ 540-731-4472 so we can further discuss this concern.

Regarding the comment that a picture was uploaded- please note that was a Google Street View that was cut and pasted, hence, not really relevant to the complaint (notice the fall mums in the picture?

this was not taken in December). Thanks.